The Maxwell Library provides numerous learning and research support services for students, faculty, staff and the local community. A detailed review of the Library polices can be found at https://library.bridgew.edu/about/policies. Any questions can be directed to the Dean of the Library, Kevin Kidd at email@example.com.
Borrowing and Renewing Items (Books and Equipment)
All undergraduate and graduate students may borrow up to 35 items from the library’s General circulating collections, including DVDs, books, musical scores, audio CDs, and other resources. The loan period for most books is 30 days and seven days for audio CDs and DVDs. Laptops loan for one month. You can renew items online, by telephone or at the Services Desk in Maxwell Library. Students must use their BSU ID card to check out library materials.
What types of equipment are available for checkout?
The library has a small supply of electronics and related equipment available for checkout by members of the community. This includes laptops, microphones, tripods, cameras, and more. It has 1-week loan period and can be renewed once for 1 week.
For a complete list see Computers and EquipmentLink opens in new window.
Fines and Fees
- Course Reserve fines – two-hour, three-hour and overnight loans – $1.00 per hour or part thereof to a maximum of $10.00 per item
- Laptops, iPads, Chromebooks, and scanners – $1.00 per day to a maximum of $10 per item
- Students are not assessed late fines for circulating items of General Collection, but are subject to lost or damaged material fees for replacement and processing fees.
- Specialty items and reserve items will accrue late fees.
- Students with lost books may have their library privileges suspended and have transcript and/or registration holds placed.
Lost/Damaged/Unreturned Item Fees:
- General Collection and ERC circulating items (i.e., books, maps, musical scores, audio CDs, etc.): $55.00 for replacement.
- Children's collection items: $30.00 for replacement
- CDs: $40.00 for replacement
- DVDs and videos: $75.00 for replacement
- Laptop Computers (PCs and Chromebooks): $125.00 for replacement
- Laptop Computer (PC) bag: $35.00 for replacement
- Laptop Computer (PC and Chromebook) cord: $15.00 for replacement
- Items will be declared lost at the point of the third overdue notice.
- When the material is lost, library users will be sent a bill for the replacement cost and processing fee.
- When the material becomes overdue, library users will be sent a bill for each overdue item.
- Borrowers may not check out additional materials until overdue items are returned or the bill is paid.
Students returning lost items undamaged within 30 days of replacement and processing fee payment will have the replacement fee refunded. The processing fee will not be refunded.
Online payment is strongly preferred.
Any other details?
Maxwell Library staff reserve the right to recall books. When an item is recalled, an email notice is sent informing the borrower of the new due date.
Library materials returned in good condition within 30 days after replacement fees are paid will be refunded less any applicable overdue fines. There are no refunds after 30 days of payment for lost items. Items damaged beyond repair will be discarded. Damaged items will not be returned to students. The library does not accept replacement copies for lost items, only payment.
You may request a HOLD on print books, audio and video materials. Please visit the Library Services Desk on the first floor of Maxwell Library, call 508.531.1392, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
A patron may request that a TRACE be placed on material designated as available in the online catalog but not found in the stacks.
Library Lost & Found
Found items may be turned in to the Library Services desk. Items considered a potential health risk will be discarded. Articles of clothing will be kept for 30 days and, if not claimed, discarded or donated to charity. All print or paper items will be recycled or destroyed after 30 days. The owners of cell phones, laptops, wallets, and other valuable items will be contacted if the owner's name is apparent. After 30 days, all lost items such as cell phones, wallets, valuable electronics, and BSU Connect Cards will be turned in to BSU Campus Police.
Reviewed 8/2023 by Kevin Kidd, Library Services